Monday, January 19, 2009

Yea, I'm still talking about Paul.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine..." Phil 1:3 NKJV

"For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ." Phil 1:8 NKJV

Do you make it a point to pray for others the way you pray for yourself? Paul says these words- always, every, greatly long, and affection. I'm sure we've all made prayer lists or tell people that you will pray for them. But how long does it last? "Always" and "every" is not partial, and if we have any motivation to be like Christ Jesus why not start with Paul? His heart was open to all and his writing demonstrates humility and peace. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13
You might think you will never be able to achieve that inner peace that Paul had, but God has NO limits. Don't limit your faith, cut yourself open and lift your neighbor up in prayer.

"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hardpressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is FAR BETTER." Phil 4:21-24 NKJV

Is anyone hard pressed to live or die!? If God asked you to leave earth right now would hesitate? Would you ask why? What a special moment in our walk  to attain that level of faith and NEVER question God's will in our lives. That's a heavy scripture to meditate on today... Let's pray that God will continue to mold us and fill us with his Holy Spirit to draw us closer to him. 

Love God with all your heart and soul, then love and witness to everyone. You've heard put yourself second... How about third? 


4 comments:

waino said...

God, everybody else, then me? i like it.

Tanner said...

A great Savior once said, He who is last shall be first.

-TEvans

Jules said...

Blake, you're certified hot today. I don't know where to start. I love that you keep spitting Philippians and it never gets tiresome to me because you bring some new angle every time. I love how God's word does that. Love God first (wholy) and then you will be ready to be a vessel to love and serve the earthlings. Red coals today son.

Tyler Parker said...

Luke 22:42
"Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done"

Great post

Sometimes we lose focus in our prayers and get selfish with them. Asking and asking for things. Or for our will, instead of praying for His will to be done at all times.