Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too Busy???

Fellas...long time no see. Sorry for the absence. Alot has been going on in my world recently. As most of you know I am starting a church in Dublin, GA so I've been super busy getting things done.

There have been alot of great things that God is doing so far...providing money to buy kids Christmas gifts who wouldn't otherwise have much on Christmas morning, a lawyer offering to do all the work for making Impact Church a incorporated non-profit FOR FREE, building relationships with folks in my neighborhood fairly easily, etc...I've got several stories that I can tell when given enough time, but that's not the reason for my post.

In reading through the story of the prodigal son and reading the post on here about it, I became aware of a real and dangerous situation.

Like the older son, we can become so busy working for the Father that we miss the heart of the father all together. I often feel like there is always something I need to be doing...whether its church planting, reading books, studying, etc. when all God wants sometime is to know His heart. And because I'm so busy, I miss that all together.

How many of us does that include?? I know that's me...Please be in prayer for me to not miss the heart of God and to take some things off my plate that cause me to be to busy "working for" God.

With that being said...I know God is doing some cool stuff in Dublin. A few of you will be getting a newsletter in the mail...for those of you who I don't have addresses, I'll put one up on here when I get to another computer.

Keep the faith...

Nolan

1 comment:

Tyler Parker said...

Great to have you back in the swing, Nolan. We appreciate you putting yourself out there for us to pray on you.
I guess the ultimate person to look at for spiritual balance is Paul. You want to talk about a guy working for the Lord and still remembering to get the message. I know you are well versed, so I would take a breath and get lost in some Paul to get yourself back in balance.
It is like when someone wants to start their own business. So excited for what they have created and it is their "baby". Then they are dealing with all the overhead, payroll, accounting, benefits and get so caught up in the infrastructure of their business that they forget the passion they had to start it in the first place.