Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Bread after Terry's ambush.

"Again I say, don't get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only starts fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people." -2 Timothy 2:23-24 NLT

Good teaching never promotes fights or foolish arguments. Always remember to listen to people's questions and treat them respectfully. If you do this, people who oppose you will be more willing to hear what you have to say and perhaps turn from their faults. 

"Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching." 2 Timothy 4:2 NLT

Preaching the word of God is the most important thing in our lives. Period. If you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior I urge to study his word closely and to better prepare yourself for that moment to share the gospel with someone you don't know. Study, study and study. Ask questions if you don't know, be hungry for Christ and act like it's #1 on your priority list. Going to Church on sunday is not enough. Reading for the "10 minutes a day" is not enough. We spend way more time on things that aren't nearly as important. 

Paul just continues to amaze me. That heart of this man is incredible. "To live is CHRIST, and to die is gain." -Phil 1:21 NKJV 

To live is Christ. We need to let that marinate for minute................. TO LIVE IS CHRIST. Lord I pray that you bless me with the wisdom and strength to even come close to being the man Paul was. Praise God for his perfect word. 

3 comments:

Jules said...

Blake I feel that there is something growing in your belly and it appears to be profound. You;re on a new tip that is advanced and I'm over here hollering "Gimme Dat". "Cause if it's mine, if it's good for me, I want it all"
Ambassador

Tyler Parker said...

"Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching." 2 Timothy 4:2 NLT

Man, that is a great scrip. I love, Blake, that you keep harping on spreading the Word. I know that is not your personality to go out and crank up convos with randoms and I love that God keeps putting it on your heart to get the Truth out even when the time or person makes us uncomfortable.

I know that I have come out of a opportunity to share with someone when I know they opened the window for me to preach and I freeze. I go over the event in my head and get so mad at myself for being scared to put it out on the table because it might be uncomfortable. We are put in those situations all the time and need to capitalize.

Nice post

Robyn-Ann.com said...

Your blog is SUCH an encouragement to me... your passion is evident, and "zeal for His house has eaten you up".

Keep bearing good fruit brother! Keep preaching! Prepare the way for the King...

Until He returns...