Monday, January 19, 2009

Impact Church


IMPACT CHURCH

Dublin, GA

 

 

Dear friends and family,

 

I am excited to finally write you again and let you know about the recent happenings of Impact Church. Since our last correspondence alot has happened.

 

In my last letter I listed a few things and I asked you to help me pray that God would reveal himself in these matters…well He has!!! Since August, when my last letter was written, pretty much all 4 of the listed prayer requests have been answered and continue to be answered. I knew that God was calling me to start a church, but I didn’t have lots of clarity as to what that would look like and I also didn’t have much direction either. Today, I’m excited that I know exactly where God wants me to start building His church.

 

It is a long story so I’ll spare you all the tiny details that God has used, but He has confirmed that I should start His church in an “inner city” community. Translation…I LIVE in a house in the middle of the ghetto, across from a drug house, kids running everywhere, neighbors smoking crack, obvious poverty and they are even poorer spiritually. I have already had incredible opportunities to build relationships and meet needs in the community. God has been real to me in revealing His will for my life and giving me clarity and direction for this ministry. I am going to begin having meals in my home for the folks in my neighborhood…through this I will build relationships so that they know I’m not treating them as a “church project”. Eventually, sooner rather than later, I will be starting a Bible study in my home so that I can share the AWESOME news of the Gospel with them. Thank you so much for your prayers…this is just the beginning.

 

One way I’m going to meet a need in the community this summer is by building a playground in an old, trashed, vacant lot nearby. Believe it or not…almost every time I drive up to my house there are kids playing amongst broken liquor bottles, on old furniture and nasty mattresses that were thrown back there when someone in the neighborhood was evicted from their home. It will be a great way for the church to show that we care about these kids.

 

I can go on and on…whether it’s telling you about taking a group of 3rd and 4th graders to Chick-fil-a for only the 2nd TIME IN THEIR LIVES, or taking a single mother to the gas station and being able to bless her with a gift from God in the form of petroleum.

 

You may be asking yourself how can I get involved??? Good question…support me and this ministry in prayer FIRST. With fixing meals and taking hungry kids to eat, the costs are beginning to add up. You can send gift cards to Kroger, Wal-Mart (I do all my grocery shopping at one of these two stores) or you can send gift cards to any fast food chain (McDonalds, Chick-fil-a, Dominos, Zaxby’s, BK, etc.). It is hard to tell them that God will provide their needs when they are hungry…that’s something that God has enabled us to be able to do.

 

By the way…I’m in the process of filling out all my 501c3 papers to become an official non-profit organization. I know I’m going a little long, but I gotta tell you about this one. The lawyer that I am using to get this done, who was a complete stranger, has offered to do this for me pro-bono. This is a total God thing because there’s no telling how much it would cost to pay this out of pocket. God’s will, done God’s way, never lacks God’s provisions…

 

Thanks again for being a part of this ministry. Please continue to pray that God will do huge things in Dublin through the ministry of Impact Church…

 

 

In Christ,

 

 

 

Nolan Gottlieb

2 comments:

Tyler Parker said...

got your letter, buddy. Read it to Reese, but she tried to eat it the whole time. Kids these days...

sounds like you are hitting the gas when many others are slamming on the brakes.

Great job thus far. I'm proud of you

Tanner said...

I couldn't be more proud of you either man. You really got this thing rolling and I can't to see where God leads you throughout this ministry. I think the playground is a high priority also after visiting your house and seeing that yard behind your house. Look into seeing who owns that property and lets see what we can do with it. Call my mom if you need to find out who owns that property (478-278-0022). Never hesitate to use your resources through e-fellowship and call me if you need anything.

-TEvans