Monday, January 26, 2009

Be a man of your word.

"Just say a simple, 'Yes, I will', or 'No, I won't.' Anything beyond this is from the evil one."-Matthew 5:37 NLT

"But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earthy or with any other oath. But let your 'yes' be 'yes,' and your 'no,' 'no,' lest you fall into judgement." -James 5:12 NKJV

"When a man makes a vow to the Lord or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said."- Numbers 30:2 NIV

"Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsover it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him:when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these." -Leviticus 5:4 KJV

"Better to be poor and honest than to be dishonest and a fool." -Proverbs 19:1 NLT

"Yet the Lord would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant He had made with David..." -2 Chronicles 21:7 NKJV

"The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in men that are truthful." -Proverbs 12:22 NIV

"Put on your new nature, created to be like God-truly righteous and holy. So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body." -Ephesians 4:24-25 NLT

Truth is in God's word. Sorry for the late bread...

Dailey I commend you for being a light to me and being a man of your word. You walk it brethren! 

Blake 






4 comments:

B. Free said...

Broham- I appreciate the Word in it's rawest form. Truth is so pure and stands forever. Imagine if we never had to prove anything or explain ourselves, but people just knew what we spoke was real and not a lie. The scrips lay it out and that's def a priority goal of my marriage. Honestly, I HATE when my wife asks me something twice. If I can practice this, that won't have to happen, but for now she is probably smart to ask twice at times. Fam, thanks for the shout that means a lot cause you know me and where I've come from. My nature is to lie a ton. Thanks for the 'truth' in the blog and on the phone earlier. Reces

Tyler Parker said...

The first verse of this is all I needed for the day. yes I will or no I won't. What a simple, straight forward perfect message.

Late, yet Zeek like bread from Blake aka Positive Pete aka Darryl

Jules said...

I love the James verse (5:12). I think of it everytime somebody/me says I swear, or I swear to God that I did this or that. A truthful man shouldn't have to say something twice like B-Free said.

Tanner said...

Amen. Keep the language clean. A salt spring cannot produce fresh water.

-TEvans