Monday, January 19, 2009

The Shack

It's an interesting book to say the least. It's killing in the book stores and I was reading on the plane last night and I had to share this with you. It's a fiction book and this is a conversation between Jesus and a guy named Mack.

"Do you think humans were designed to live is the past, present, or future?"

"Where do you spend most time in your mind and imagination? "

"I live in the present! Not the past. All though much can be learned from the past, but only for a visit, not an extended stay. And for sure I do not dwell in the future you visualize or imagine. Mack, do you realize that your imagination of the future which is almost always dictated by fear of some kind... Rarely if ever pictures me there with you?"


Why do I do that?-Mack

"It is your desperate attempt to get some control over something you can't. It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to take power over the future because it isn't even real. Nor will it ever be real! You try and play God... Imagine the evil that you fear becoming reality and then you try and make plans to avoid what you fear."

Why do I have so much fear?-Mack

"Because YOU DONT BELIEVE! You don't know that we love you. The person that lives by there fears will not find freedom in my love. You sing about it, you talk about it, but you don't know it! "

2 comments:

waino said...

if anyone on here hasn't read The Shack...do it. its a really cool book that is a very easy read. I love the way the trinity is portrayed in it, but remember that it is a fictional book so some of the theology might seem a little off. read it is all i'm sayin...one of my faves

Jules said...

I have to give two guys credit on this one. Waino you shot the bug into Hawks ear and before even reading it he send that same bug over to me. I heard Waino's email but sometimes it takes a second push and Hawk you were that second push, this book is worthy. Adam and Blake's street cred went up a coulple points for suggesting this book.