Sunday, April 15, 2012

True Love

In my mind true love is love that can withstand anything. Love that is there all the time regardless of circumstance. Our God, amazingly, loves us despite our sin and regardless of our circumstance. Our God is greater than words can describe yet somehow our faith should be modeled after little children. Our God is there in good times and in bad. If our relationship is strained it isn't He who moved, but I... Or we... We moved. He is constant.... He is omnipresent. I can't fathom that, and won't try. I have found amazing strength in Him, but also amazing tenderness.... I have found identity through a faith in Jesus, the living Son of God, who gave his life so that I may have an eternity with Him in heaven. I have found that I was a lost soul and am now a redeemed spirit that can be a force for Gods kingdom. Please God, grant me the strength to shed light even when surrounded by darkness. Allow me to be still and know that You are God. Allow me to never question your authority. Make me to unite my heart and rely completely on Your Holy Spirit. I praise You God and am unworthy of the true love that you have given me. I love you... Let it be so

-waino

2 comments:

beth g sanders said...

Beautiful!

I know Friday wasn't your best. But you're still our Ace. And it's a great reminder that, just like you'll come back and kill it on the mound like you did before, we all have a second chance in Him.

Thank goodness we're not defined by our worst days. Spiritually or professionally!

Thanks for being bueno :-)

Jesse Gatlin said...

Isn't it comforting to know that one crucial truth... God is constant. Even when we are in the midst of struggles, and when we feel lost or drifting, God's presence in our life does not waver. How great to serve a God who is always faithful.

It's great to see you back on the mound this year. Thank you for the example you set.