Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beautiful Prayer

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." Ephesians 1:17-18


First let me start off by saying that the power of prayer is unmatched. The power of intentional prayer like this...WOW. This prayer is so intentional and poignant that it pumps me up and challenges me at the same time. To pray this over yourself is one thing, but to pray it over others is even more profound. This challenges me at the core level of my prayers. What am I asking God for? Am I praying for others? The shift in my prayers needs to be towards praying that God would give me eyes to see and give me a spirit of wisdom and pray this over others as well. I want to know and comprehend the hope to which HE has called me. I don't want to tell him what my plan is for me because I am continually understanding that what HE wants for me is far greater than what I want for me. So my question is do we know?


Do we know HIM?

Do we know THE HOPE TO WHICH HE HAS CALLED US?

Do we know THE RICHES OF HIS GLORIOUS INHERITANCE?

Do we know THE INCOMPARABLY GREAT POWER FOR US WHO BELIVE?


Well for me the answer is another question...... has God revealed those things to us individually? As I look back again at the verse the key words are, "may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation.." I am continually learning that we can't boast in our understanding of the Word. Its God revealing Himself to us over and over. God is giving us that, "Spirit of wisdom and revelation" in order that we may know Him better. This all comes from a guy who just wants to know HIM better.


Be comfortable being uncomfortable,


Andrew Kown


No comments: