Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Trip Lee Interview

Tim Challies has a helpful blog that I check frequently. Yesterday he posted an interview he did with Trip Lee. I thought that this question is especially helpful for those of you who are still in baseball:

How do you stay anchored in a local church in the midst of all the travel required in your vocation? How does your church remain part of your life as you travel?


It’s hard. When you’re on the road consistently, it makes everything about
following Christ alongside others harder. It’s harder to be home every Sunday,
it’s harder to build deep relationships, it’s harder to disciple young men, it’s
harder to be discipled by older men, etc. It takes commitment and
intentionality. Sometimes I have to cram all my relationships into 3 days of the
week, and it gets old. But I know I need my church, and I have a responsibility
to help build them up.
There are brothers who always know where I am,
they check in on me, and ask me hard questions when I’m home. I sit down with my
pastor every couple months, and he helps me plan out my schedule. I think
through how often I want to be gone, and whether or not I’m making it too hard
for myself. Plus my church is really a praying church. So they pray for me when
I’m gone, especially if I’m overseas or on a tour. I’m grateful for their
loving care.


Read the whole interview here.
- Tyler Durham

1 comment:

TEvans said...

"I’m also writing a book to go along with my album, and I hope to write many more in the years to come. Lord willing, 10 years from now I’ll be helping to pastor a church, loving my wife well, and raising children in the fear of the Lord."

This is what Trip Lee hopes to be in the near future! Not a platinum album recording artist? How would we answer this question? Awesome!