Friday, April 13, 2012

The Law

"You shall not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14)

"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

"You shall not take vengeance or bear grudge against your sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.." (Leviticus 29:18)

"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 5:44)

Jesus Christ did not come to take away from the law. He elevated it. He took it to the highest level. Why? To show us no matter how bad we try, WE (our flesh) will never live up to it. As Paul says "put no confidence in the flesh." (Phil 3:3) Wait, wait, I have four different Bible translations that I've scribed out word for word. I have scriptures that spew out of my mouth all day. I'm dialed in!!! That's great. But it will NEVER be enough. That's probably the reason why your faith is more of a burden, than a blessing.

My point being it's absolutely beautiful to see how far off we are as people. To see our flesh for what it is, and how jacked up we are. Don't lose that!!! Because when you find yourself there, we realize how badly we need Jesus. Without Jesus, we have nothing. But with Him, we have EVERYTHING.

God is good.

- Blake Hawksworth

No comments: