Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Holy Spirit

1 Corinthians 2 lays out a lot of wisdom regarding the Holy Spirit and the role He plays in a believer's life. Verse 7 says that "we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery." That really helps explain why we can make good points to nonbelievers, and they can look at us like we're crazy because the truth hasn't been revealed to them yet. Our joy and our passion can often come across as a mystery to them. Verse 14 says "the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are as foolishness to him, nor can he know them because they are spiritually discerned." Wow! I feel so blessed to have these few things revealed to me. I mean who am I that He chose me? If you get a chance read the whole chapter there in 1 Corinthians it's very informative, and I pray that it would jump off the page to you as it just did for me.

Life update - so as for my client appreciation dinner; God tee'd a great opportunity for me to bless the food for everyone so I did, and I think it was well received (not that it really mattered, Romans 1:16). I was debating my decision all the way down to the end, and God gave me some helpful hints to make it happen as He always does. I feel really good about it so that's encouraging. Praise God for answered prayer.

- Ben (Jules)

1 comment:

Tyler Parker said...

Great post, BENJAMIN.

The Holy Spirit is crucial to us now more than ever I think. If you have read that book, "heaven is for real" Colton talks to his father about seeing light around some people in church and not on others. Yikes. Thats crazy.

Or another convo I had with Terry awhile back and he mentioned something that he heard where the Old Testament had GOD to talk to, the New Testament crew had Jesus to talk to and we now have the Holy Spirit to talk with. Now, that isn't exactly Gospel but it spells it out in a simple way