Monday, September 28, 2009

Worry? Nah....Don't do it.

For the first time in my career I'm thinking about what I'm going to do in the off-season.  I'm wondering if I need to get a job or to pursue winter ball.  I've never "had" to do anything but times have definitely changed.  Me and my wife (Joy) were talking about it the other day and we couldn't help but be a little anxious and scared.  Walking on new territory is sometimes weird and scary.  But we know that God doesn't want us to be.

In Philippians  4,  the bible tells us not to be anxious but to pray when we are.  Really???  Its that easy huh?  Sometimes its easier said than done!  All kidding aside,  it is so awesome to rebuke those thoughts with God's word.  He also tells us that His peace will guide our hearts!!!  I don't know about y'all but when God replaces those thoughts and worries with His Peace....Wow!!!  It still boggles me at times when I can just call on Him and I feel His big ol' arms wrap around me and squeeze.  The hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I know I've got the maker of the universe with me!!!  

The choices we have to make in our lives are sometimes more serious than others.  Even on the small ones we need guidance.  But the big ones are going to bring uncertainty.  Fellas, may we call upon the Maker to give us His peace that passes all understanding.  Something I always think is really cool is that God cares about everything in our lives!!  Everything!!  Our lives are not insignificant in His eyes.  He loves us so much.  May we be encouraged by phil. 4.  

If yall get a chance, read chapter 4 and I pray that God's peace will give you goose bumps too............!!!!

Wainwright has the worst mustache ever!!!
--Standridge...out!!


6 comments:

waino said...

well, jason, I was going to write a long response to this saying how well you did....then the mustache comment. For the record i haven't had a mustache in a while. So back to your post. You 're doing an awesome job...keep it up. I love the idea of never worrying ever....and I love that God has prepared scripture for us on all matters...amazing

B. Free said...

Thanks for the thoughts Jason. I pray you and your wife have a great experience in praying and faithfully living out the future. I have never had the opp to meet Waino... or the stache. Any pics available?

Jules said...

Jason,
God is going to blow your mind with something, watch. Appreciate you sharing openly brother, it's not easy to be transparent.

Tanner said...

Philippians 4 saved my life and is a personal favorite. Jason, great post and my encouragement for you is to embrace Philippians 4 and then wait and watch what God will do. Just throwing that out there.

Tanner said...

On another note: how come brother Hawksworth never bought into the Cardinal stache? Own program as usual I guess. Ha

-TEvans

waino said...

Blake "the knife/tony parker/last of the mohicans"hawksworth is on his own program a lot. he's doing his work lifting people up though...good job blake