Friday, September 25, 2009

Remaining in Christ

My Brothers in Christ!!
Philippians 1:3 - "I thank my God every time I remember you!"
I'm doing something a little different tonight. Tonight I am in prayer and worship of God primarily and then the USC vs. Ole Miss game is on in the background. I've got my Christian tunes blarring and I am waist deep in the Word. Why isn't every night like this!
I have been studying along with our church/small group with the book, "One Month to Live". It's a 30 day no regret way of living. I'm a fan so far! It's not saying that we are dying tomorrow but its saying we are living today.
This week I contemplated a pretty simple question that I don't ask myself very often. HOW DO I REMAIN IN CHRIST??? The ebb and flow of Christianity is pretty simple and stay with the trends of humanity. We are easy to forget. I forget important dates, people's names, phone numbers and the list goes on. One thing that all of us need not forget is Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made. I don't know if any of you have ever seen a man bleed and die but it a sight that is truamatic and it changes you. Jesus Christ died a painful, gruesome death for us! Let us not forget His sacrifice! The least I can do everyday of my life is think of Him and act accordingly. Some suggestions are uplifting music, the Word, fellowship with believers and add your's here.
Terry, thanks for the call-out bro. Love you man. More to follow.

Ben Bryant
Savannah, GA
Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

Tanner said...

Great perspective and I like the way you explained that its not living as if we are dying tomorrow but focusing on living today. Too often we forget or do not fully consider what Jesus did for us on that cross and that is a shame considering the gruesome sacrifice He made for us. Great to see where your heads at man and I really like the part where you said "more to follow". I'm looking forward to it.

-TEvans

Jules said...

I'm still not tired of hearing about or talking about Jesus's beating that He took. I still don't fully understand the ramifications, it blows my mind how this whole thing is knitted together.

waino said...

you know how I know Jesus got beaten probably way worse than even the passion could show us? His brethren who had seen Him do the most amazing miracles and had blessed them greatly were terrified of what happened to Him and skipped town immediately. Even in their humanity you would think that after seeing the Lord do all those miracles they would stick up for Him. I know they were under more pressure than any of us could ever imagine but the beat down must have been grotesque. I guess that's where our flesh is more afraid of dying than we think.