Sunday, March 8, 2009

to please Him not men

Whats up studs? Sometimes when i'm sitting down to write an article I get the writers block. I'll scroll through my Bible looking for something i've highlighted that sticks out or go through old bible study notes. And other times it comes to me easy. This time I felt convicted to speak about our mission....To serve God.
Yesterday, i sat down and wrote an email to my entire contact list just as terry, jules, nolan, hawk, and sam have done. I wrote like two paragraphs and it took me about an hour. I kept searching for the perfect sentence or paragraph that i thought would relay what we were trying to do. In the back of my brain the entire time i kept thinking "man, there are people on here that may not look at me the same." Or "Shoot! Is this gunna offend everybody?" Then it struck me, i wasn't writing that letter for me, my friends, or anybody else on Earth. I was writing for the kingdom and the glory of God. Pow!!! After I realized that the words came flowing. As Christians we are living this life to reflect Gods glory, Gods purpose, Gods plan......for God. Studs, many of us have been given amazing platforms. We are put in positions to lift teamates up daily and be visual evidence of why non believers should convert. Wow, that feels like a lot of pressure. One thing i know is that we will fail if we try to be perfect. But we wont fail if we put our trust in the One who is perfect....Jesus Christ.
Another thing. As i was writing the email last night my wife was reading Acts. In the commentary at the bottom of the page it said that we as Christians should not be discouraged when not everyone reacts positively to our kingdom work. Perfect timing for me to remember that we have an audience of one.
Colossians 3:23-24 (English Standard Version)
23(A) Whatever you do, work heartily,(B) as for the Lord and not for men, 24knowing that from the Lord(C) you will receive the inheritance as your reward.(D) You are serving the Lord Christ.
have a nice day,
waino

6 comments:

Tanner said...

SOLID!!!!!! We have to die to ourselves in order to follow our King. Thanks for the real Waino.

-TEvans

Jules said...

Colossians 3:23 (col 3:23) is what everybody gets when they ask for an autograph (thanks Terry). I have got so much positive feedback, praise God.

Tyler Parker said...

that was the best post I have seen in awhile. Big, big pick up right there. Short, sweet, perfect timing, and great message.

(slow clap)

Nolan Gottlieb said...

Slow clap...continuing.

Let God speak through us...I often prepare for a talk I'm giving and start to fret because I don't have a clever illustration to make my point. The truth is that if I'm doing my job...I'm just allowing to God to speak through me.

When I let God step up to the plate and deliver the message it takes the pressure off of me. The problem with that is that I actually have to slow my butt down and make intentional time to listen to his voice.

All that to say...BEEN THERE. Good word...

Lindsay said...

I gotta admit I was in the same boat as most on here...I was not sure how some of my friends were going to react to the message about e-fellowship. I was even profiling what email addresses I was selecting but then I realized that the guy(s) I think are the farthest from wanting these emails are the whole reason why we are doing this. I've had some great feedback so far, and am constantly adding people because friends want to add their friends. This is gonna get big.

I definitely cannot rely on my own understanding, I just have to let God do his work.

Adam

Jules said...

slow clap continuing....