Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hey God; What Are You Doing (dang)?

What is He doing? Why, why, why? What is His purpose for this, that, and all of last year? I've said it , you have said, we all have, come on let's be real. His ways are so mysterious but after a month/year/or a couple years it all makes sense. John Piper is one of the most popular Christian men of our time and his book Desiring God is a tough read but it is heat for our spirits.
Psalm 115:3 "Our God is in heaven; He does all that He pleases."
We established that a couple weeks ago, but didn't discuss why. Just as we are constantly pursuing pleasure God is pursuing praise and it is that same and equal pursuit that we together make up the Great Gospel. This is the foundation of living a life as a Christian where we can have complete joy in knowing that God has got us in all situations, there will be no need to worry about this world or anything in it. Sounds easy but it isn't it will take time, commitment, obedience, and more importantly discipline.
Romans 11:35-36 "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
God is perfect and completely holy, and everything else that He is. He knows how wonderful He is and he knows that we can have peace, fulfillment, happiness, purpose, and all things in Him. So God is constantly out there doing things to get us to trust, surrender, and enjoy Him. How frustrating must that be for the Big Guy huh? Wow! I never would have died for us or even given us a second chance, matter of fact I would probably hate us for all we have done. How good is God? God pursues our praise because He knows that when we praise Him we are fulfilled, joyous, and in love with Him. It is like Piper says "A Great Gospel". Tyler Durham spit a profound scrip at me years ago and it has added meaning so many times through different circumstances. Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Delight yourself, find delight in God and how good He is. He has a plan for all this and all that just trust it and save yourself the foul mood and anxiety. It will all make sense trust it and wait patiently. Delight yourself in God, dig in deeper to His living word, learn more by reading fellowshipping and attending church. Do it because you know it will bring you a greater understanding that provides a peace that doesn't make sense to your parents and friends but it makes a lot of sense to you because the Holy Spirit is blessing you with just enough hope. Oh man! I hope you stayed with this and are getting fired up like me, reread it if you have to. I will wrap it up with this- pursue God for happiness and pleasure because He can provide, praise Him for everything (good/bad) and see where you are in a week spiritually and mentally. P.S. If anybody needs to get pumped call Blake (425)766-5321 he is on fire right now and it is infectious, look out Waino you might catch something hot! Blessings to all of you keep pushing that prayer list full tilt and we will get a report out soon.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Another comment is that I used to look at Waino's old tag line "Saturday Night In Him", it never hit me that strong untill now. In Him is a powerful idea.

Tanner said...

This was posted on Tuesday and I have been on the site every day this week without reading this post. Today (Sunday) I decided to read it and it literally spoke right to me today. I left the field today struggling mentally. I got sent down last week and I'm grinding out my first minor league camp in two years on a team that literally told me there's not enough room for you on our big league roster. I was ready today to go ahead and give into the frustration that I've been fighting off all week but thanks to a random email from a friend earlier and now this post, God has picked me up. "How great is our God" just doesn't say it. Man, my Father in Heaven is awesome!!!! Thanks Jules and Thank you Jesus!

-Terry