Tuesday, March 3, 2009

20/20 - Eyes Open to More of Him

Numbers 6:25-26 "the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."
Isaiah 9:7 "Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end."
Romans 5:1 "Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
There you have it, 3 scripts based on gaining Peace. What is peace, ask yourself, write down your definition. We all want it and yet it seems to elude us so many times and feels far from where we are, why? Maybe because we are result oriented, can you relate? It could be a wide variety of things and I will leave that for you to add via a comment after this is posted. But here is my focus... vision, what is your spiritual vison right now, are you seeing things clear, are you seeing what God's will is for your life? Sure it is tough to see the near future and sometimes tougher to see the distant future, but I say it is easier if we adjust our vision. The very end of this story is already written and we are going to inherit the earth, amen? So knowing that we can trust in Him and press in to Him. Trust God and draw closer by spreading yourself out spiritualy, flex your spiritual muscle and push your limits. Pray to be drawn closer so you can see His face (Numbers 6, see above). Seek His face and you will have peace that surpasses all understanding, you will have peace in any situation, He promises that when we seek Him. Push aside the desire to match results and put up good numbers (pertains to all of life). The results are under His control all we have to do is believe in Him and seek His face. Allow this Man named Jesus to transform your thought patterns and slap you with vision that 20/20. I want peace, I'm tired of pushing the plow in the wrong direction. Step up our prayer game and improve that vision.

Father I thank you for loving me, I thank you for being the most wonderful thing in my life, I thank you for knowing this world better than me, improve my vision, help us to seek Your face, give us peace. You are so worthy of our praise! Amen.

No comments: