Saturday, March 28, 2009

How many people have you saved?

Whats up studs? Ever been talking to someone about Christ and then all the sudden they ask you "so, how many people have you saved?" I've been asked that. Its come up a few times. I'll answer that one real quick so all y'all don't think i'm going David Caresh. ZERO! Zilch. Lets be clear...the only One who has power to save the souls of men is our Heavenly Father. Sometimes, i get so wrapped up in trying to promote the Lord that I forget that it might not be Gods timing for the whole thing. I keep finding myself thinking that this is "so-and-so's" chance and he's gunna miss out on his chance to inherit the Kingdom. I'll think, "man, what could I have done differently". Or man, if they wouldve just came and heard the sermon today it woulda all happened tonight." But dudes, without the Holy Spirit any attempts to promote will fall on deaf ears. Its not what i'm doing, its what Gods doing. What an idiot I am sometimes. I think instead we should pray that the Holy Spirit will move inside "so-and-so" and He will save that persons soul. If God wants it to happen...for crying out loud it'll happen. Selfishly I'd like to be there when the stuff goes down so I guess i'll just need to do a better job praying for people. Or if any of yall has a direct line to The Big Man send me the digits. Just a joke...but seriously. So many times I want things to happen on my time. And so many times i figure out that if things had happened the way i wanted them to i'd be in a big mess right now. Kinda like that Garth Brooks song that said the greatest gifts sometimes are unanswered prayers. It's beginning to sink in my thick skull that we should just trust the lord with all our heart and not rely on our own understanding and seek His will in all that we do and he will direct our paths.....wait....whoops...that was proverbs 3: 5,6. one of my faves and it keeps smackin me in the face.
Ephesians 5:17 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
In short...all we can do is live our lives in a way that reflects God, and let Him take care of the rest.
-waino

1 comment:

Jules said...

I love that line "how many people have you saved or have you led anyone to the Lord". Those people clearly don't get it if that is their real question. You're right the only person who saves people is Jesus not us. Crazy too how we easily try to take credit. Jules- waiting to see the Lord so I can be done with this sinful flesh.