Monday, March 9, 2009

Holy Living

"So must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires." 1 Peter 1:14 NLT

"So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech. Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for his nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the lord's kindness." 1 Peter 2:1-3 NLT

2 out walk in the 9th... F Bomb. Such an easy way to ruin my witness to every single person watching me pitch. How sad is it of me to think it's even about me at the moment? If anyone believes that on this earth we will not face a consequence for our sin, your sadly mistaken. But Blake, your talking about a little curse word. Your a good guy, that's the devil trying to make you feel guilty. First off, squash the devil temptation card! Since when is small sin looked over or taken lightly? Peter says, YOU MUST BE HOLY! Not try your best to be holy. You must be Holy in EVERYTHING you do. Two out of three games I've cursed out loud. The same guys that see my Jesus cross in my locker see my foul language and must think..."HA, he's such a hypocrite." That really makes me ashamed and extremely guilty. Lord forgive my false witness to others, and wash me clean from my sin. I am a sinner. 

Blake

2 comments:

Nolan Gottlieb said...

Romans 12:2...renew daily my man.

Jules said...

Solid share, never easy to cut yourself open like that. Oh, how many times I have fallen short, the stabbing feelings i have in my gut after those instances still haven't scared me straight. But He is not done with us yet so we're still on the anvil, getting banged around into a shape that is pleasing to Him. amen?