Saturday, November 28, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request...

A few posts ago Terry mentioned a podcast by a pastor named Matt Chandler. If you haven't listened to them I strongly recommend them. His ministry has played a HUGE role in my sanctification over the last 2 years.

Thanksgiving day Matt Chandler had a seizure and was rushed to the ER. While he was there the doctors gave him a brain scan in attempt to identify the cause of the seizure. The scan came back and showed a mass in the frontal lobe of his brain. He is awaiting an appointment with a neurologist on Monday. We don't yet know if it is cancer or not, but a tumor in the brain is never good. I don't know how to pray for this situation...selfishly I want him to be healed because I love his church and ministry, but I don't know if that's God's plan. So...I guess we just need to pray that God's name will be glorified in this situation whether that's in Chandler's life or death.

I've only met him once, but my heart is very heavy over this situation. It's my prayer that God's not done with him and the Village Church's ministry.


PS- Let's not overlook Terry's post about Jealous God...there's some profound Truth to be found in this discussion...

1 comment:

Tanner said...

check this out:

http://themchandlers.blogspot.com/2009/11/we-had-this-picture-taken-well-before.html