Sunday, November 22, 2009

Check Yo Lifestyle

After unpacking from this season I was going through some of the Baseball Chapel handouts that I kept and I came across one that stood out to me and I wanted to share with ya’ll. Not only was the message good but there are a few scriptures in here that are some of my favorites.

Do I long to know Christ? “I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death.” Philippians 3:10

Am I faithful daily to meet with him? Then he said to them all: ‘If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.’” Luke 9:23

Do I have a teachable spirit? “Show me Your ways, O LORD, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.” Psalm 25: 4-5

Can I honestly say, as the psalmist did? “As the deer pants for the streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.” Psalm 42:1

Longing to know Christ; Denying yourself; Guide me and teach me; and having my soul pant for God!!! All of these scriptures should make us all check ourselves and the lifestyle we are living. We may be saying to ourselves; “Ya, my soul pants for God” but is it really??? Don’t kid yourself, look around and it will be evident if your soul REALLY “pants for God.”

I pray that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and safe traveling as well!!! I’m looking forward to seeing some of ya at PAO!!!

3 comments:

Tanner said...

Related Book Recommendation:

Desiring God - John Piper

Matt said...

I'm gonna have to read that one soon. Hawk started it this season and spoke highly of it. So if both of you are on it, it must be good

waino said...

well, matt, hawk started it in april...and by this time he should be around the half way point. Nice post, thanks for picking me up