Friday, November 13, 2009

Active belief

Sup fellas, got a short one today. I touched on believing what you are praying, now I want to dabble in acting out what you are believing. I want to run off of Luke 11:9"9So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you".

Basically, what I get out of this is do not stop once you have prayed. Get up and go look for what you are asking for. I mean if you are believing God for a new house, then go looking. You wouldn't just stay at your current residence hoping a relator knocks on your door. Go knock on theirs, network your family and friends, ask about any houses they would know are available, and just go flat out looking around town.

My point is this, God watches us, He sees our belief and us acting out our belief in Him and His will for our lives. For me currently, I am a free agent hoping and praying that God opens a door for me to get back with a club. But hoping and praying is not ALL that I am doing. I have my agent working for me and I am continuing to train this fall and winter as if I already have a place lined up to be at come March. This is my active belief. Some people ask me why I am doing all this and spending my money on a trainer not knowing if I'll even be picked up. I just say I believe in what I am praying for. Maybe I'll be back with a club come march, or maybe it will be Indy ball, or maybe it will be nothing. What kind of faith would I have if I hoped and prayed, yet did nothing active about it. If God has already answered my prayer then I want to be ready. I want to already be moving and displaying that I am ready for Him to use me if this is His will for my life.

Proverbs 16:9 says this, "9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." The Lord determines his STEPS. Now, I understand some cases may be different, but I believe this correlates with active believe. People may say, "Well I'm just sitting here waiting on God." But my guess is He is responding, "No my child, I am waiting on you." Or another way of putting it is, a ship cannot be guided if it is docked.


trying to die to myself
-tmart

1 comment:

Tanner said...

Solid post Todd on acting on our faith. Good word.

-TEvans