Monday, May 4, 2009

Timbo

"For God has not given you a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord." 2 Timothy 1:7-8

I don't feel like I'm scared to tell anybody about Jesus when I'm asked, I actually get very excited. I have so much I want to say so it almost back fires because my excitement is through the roof. Now for the times when I'm not asked and The Holy Spirit taps on my shoulder and tells me to share with that stranger... Your boy gets rattled. But no doubt God will give me that strength one day (Phil 4:13) and will use me to witness strangers, managers, and family members that need to hear the Gospel.

"Think about what I'm saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things." 2 Timothy 2:7

Paul told Timothy to think about his words, and God would give him understanding. God speaks through the Bible! Yet how many times do I sit around wondering what God wants from me? No matter how much you read or study, you can always do more. The clarity and peace I feel when I close God's word is the most amazing feeling. His word, his spirit, and control over me just puts a smile on my face. So make reading God's word a PRIORITY. What's more important? Name one thing............ (crickets)




3 comments:

Jules said...

Timbo Slice? Paul writing to Timothy there is hot bars, so hot that he had to do it twice. This topic was extremely relevant for me right now in my walk. Blessings.

Tyler Parker said...

Blake getting excited to share talk with people about an uncomfortable topic?? Growth and Gains. You are the truth. You have made so many gains since I met you I'm gonna have to call you Chris Gains (Garth Brooks alter ego)

you are one sick piece, and I mean that in the highest regard. Toss me a 3-2 change piece in the first inning with nobody on for old times sake. haha.

Tanner said...

I second Tyler's comment. Blake, you have grown so much and it has been extremely motivating for my own walk. Sometimes I sit and meditate on how far we all have come and it is quite a display of God's awesome power! We've come along way since our days in The Grove but there is still a long way to go on this journey. Tyler, two points for you bringing up the Chris Gains logo.

-Terry "Curtis Angles" Evans