Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lusty

"God's will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor- not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know god and his ways." -1 Thessalonians 4:3-6

My fiance and I have put together a great streak of purity in our relationship. It's the most difficult thing in the world to fight that battle but I know the reward will be well worth it! But I have to do a better job a bouncing my eyes off beautiful girls at my games or at the hotels. Sin is sin, and I can't continue to take this lightly. So I confess to you all because your boy has been looking too much!

Sorry Parker but some of us aren't married yet.

8 comments:

waino said...

God sure did create some beautiful creatures that we aren't supposed to look at didn't He....dangit.

Jules said...

Do you find that when you are undisciplined with your eyes it affects your dreams?

Tanner said...

Here some advice from personal experience:

1. Get off the rail of the dugout
2. Avoid the "free look" (watching foul ball go into stands)
3. Watch the game from the bench so the walls of the dugout can be used like those eye walls they put on horses to keep their eyes focused straight ahead and not on what's going on around them.

Hope that helps. Ha

-Terry

Nolan Gottlieb said...

Eye walls Terry??? Blinders maybe...

Any advise for non-dugout, single members of efellowship??? Cause I'm listening...

Tyler Parker said...

Nolan,

step 1: build a dugout at your house

step 2: Use the "eye walls??" to hide your vision.

step 3: think about the fact that Terry actually raised show horses for the first half of his life, and somehow the word "blinders" has escaped him.

Tanner said...

I sat completely still for about 10 minutes trying to find the word "blinder" somewhere in my imperfected brain with obviously no success. To my defense, we never used blinders on the horses, but I do admit the term "eye walls" was a desperate attempt on my part.

-Terry

Jules said...

More non-dugout advice.
Step 1: stay in your home
Step 2: disconnect the cable and internet.
Step 3: spend free time reading the bible and other good books like "everymans battle".
Step 4: stop showering and shaving completely
Step 5: start brushing up on survival skills.
Step 6: move to the wilderness

Parker you started this with "build a dugout at your house", haha. You guys crack me up.

waino said...

Should we take this further...deeper? God also created Satan.....man He wanted this to be hard.