Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Girl Named World

I am in love! I have to let you all know that I am so in love with this woman. I met her back in 2000 and not only was she an athlete but she was 6 feet tall and blonde (I really wasn't into blondes but now I am). I got to know her and she liked to dance and listen to the same music I like, she was friendly and had many friends. The more time I spent with her the more I wanted to be with her, I thought about her all the time. She has the total package so obviously I am in love, head over heals. The best thing about it is that my love is growing as we get to know each other better, I would do anything for her, ya anything. If she wanted me to quit playing baseball and come home I would do it without much thought because I love her so much. It brings me so much joy to do things for her, sure at first it might be tough to do something out of my comfort zone but it is all worth it when she smiles at me. Can you guys relate? Have you ever been in love? Was it something other than a person you loved, teddy bear, job, car, jewelry, status, or even a toy? Are you chasing the love of someone or something?

How about this, when you are in a relationship with someone how much time do you spend with them and how often do you think about them? How would they take it if you started to spend less time with them and more with some one else? How long could that last before your relationship was broken? You might be thinking that the description above sounds like my wife Christy but it's not necessarily, that description can often be about a "girl named World". She is tricky and she can seduce us in many ways, do you know her, have you been in love with her, or are you currently?

1John 2:15 "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him."
Matthew 16:26 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?"

Are you in love with Jesus? Think about it, if a lawyer were to ask you that question what evidence would you have to support it? Would it be safe to say that you are currently more in love with the girl named world than you are with God? Look in the mirror be real, it's just you, God and your computer screen, who do you love? Embarrassing isn't? We don't love Him enough. God is so in love with us that He sacrificed His only Son to have a relationship with us and this is how we do him. He wrote us a book that some have called His "love letter" for us and we don't even read it. I'm embarrassed are you? What can we do about it? 1 thing is to stop feeling sorry for ourselves all the time and get back in the game, let's go! Dump that broad named World and get back to mending our relatioship with our creator. Fall back in love with Jesus the Savior, the Author of our salvation, the bridge for the gap, the Mediator, the Man Christ Jesus! Start living this life not just to miss the bus to hell but to flourish in heaven. Quit playing the fence, you're either or not, you're either a candle for Jesus or you're part of the crowd in the dark. Some of us may never have been in love before well here is your chance or some may have fallen out of love because of our sinful nature. Let's fall back into love with Jesus our God today.

Heavenly father we praise You because You just are... Please forgive us of our sinful past, wash us clean because we need You. Lord today we vow to fall back in love with You never to fall away and out of Your prescence again. Strengthen us to dump the other loves that we have developed and focus just on You. We want to see more of You and less of dingy sinful selves when we look into that mirror. Show us what real love is. Thank you for this day. Amen!

2 comments:

Tanner said...

"The Man Christ Jesus"? Straight from the Piper's mouth I'm guessing? More heat from the JuJu train.

-Terry

Jules said...

No doubt, Piper is certified. I love his passion in his sermons,he loves to elevate his tone.