Sunday, December 7, 2008

Paul's Humility aka Christ's Humility

When Paul wrote his letter to the Philippians, it was an extremely tuff time in his life. But would you know that by reading this book? No way. His pure heart and humility towards others and Christ is such an inspiring example of how we should all conducts ourselves. I'll give you a couple scriptures to meditate on today...

"Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly." Philippians 1:14

Would that be your perspective during your imprisonment? Look at how God always reveals blessings through adversity in our lives! I'm in chains, but my bro's at home are straight taking God's word to the streets!!! Praise God. 

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Phil 2:3

In the book of John religious leaders asked Jesus what are the two most important commands in the Bible? 

"Love the Lord your god with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:29

Let's truly try to love on every single person through out our day. Walk into a room of people you don't know and just meditate on that scripture. It will instantly improve your mood and how you treat others. Have you ever seen that Godly glow in a pastors eye? I want that, and i will have it. 

I also don't want to finish without challenging all of you today...

Paul gave up everything- family, friendship, and freedom- in order to know Christ and his resurrection power. We too have access to this knowledge and this power, but we may have to make sacrifices to enjoy it fully. What are you willing to give up in order to know Christ? 

4 comments:

Tyler Durham said...

Good word!

Jules said...

I am willing to give up my love for items and gear and live a simplier life.

Tanner said...

Paul cared about nothing but spreading God's Word. Can we be that driven in our own lives?

Jules said...

Good word Terry, is that a challenge? I hope so because... but the trick will be to juggle our passion and duties as a loving husband. That can be difficult for me, I tend to take my wonderful wife for granted.