Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fellowship (2 are better than 1)

Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone?"
I have to mention that this is King Solomon my favorite guy in the Bible once again spitting "hot bars" of wisdom.
Definition of fellowship - Fell'owship adj- a group of people with the same interests.
Who do you spend most of your time with (talking, on the phone, hanging out, working out, going to dinner, etc...)? Do they share the same interests as you? More importantly do they know where you stand in your faith and do they share your beliefs? Sure Jesus hung out with sinners, we know that but who did He spend most of His time with. Jesus spent most of His earthly time with men who believed in His Father and who believed in Him. Have you ever noticed that when you leave the church or the presence of other believers that you feel charged up and your fire burns brighter? "Sharp as a tack like I just left church" (one of B-Manfreds fav's) I absolutely feel that way and it is with that knowledge that I will get fellwoship from a brother when I'm down or struggling. I have proven to myself that I can't properly get back up by myself, the anger or pain lingers and somebody eventually gets knocked over (due to my brashness) because of it. During fellowship and repentance, Jesus washes me clean warming me with a comfortable feeling to talk out my issues with brothers like I'm in the "trust tree" or "nest". 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Do not be deceived; evil company corrupts good habits.", I know this to be true because sometimes I can't prevent myself from corrupting my good habits let alone being influenced by a Pagan (non-believer). The challenge is to surround ourselves with likeminded people for the next week or month and see what happens to your plight (state or condition). Make phone calls to e-Fellowshippers, meet someone new at church, talk to your pastor, or share your testimony with someone. This could prove to be life changing for some of us, so by into it because just as Jesus didn't half-way do anything so we shouldn't half-way do this.

Lord I pray that you would show Your mercy on us, You see our desire so we pray that You would open up our hearts and pour out on us Your blessings that will bring us peace and understanding to this group despite being in this fallen world. Put other frontline believers in our lives that can pick us up when we fall and remind us of the cross to dust us off when were dirty. Help us to turn from our old ways and put on the new man that is more like You. We love You and praise You Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

Tyler Durham said...

Great post! This is the reason for the existence of E-fellowship. Thanks for getting me back involved.