Monday, December 15, 2008

Citizenship?

"But we are citizens oh heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior." Philippians 3:20 (NLT)

The scripture hit me hard this morning for two reasons: 1. How often do I forget that my name is in the book and I get to spend eternity with Jesus? 2. Am I "eagerly" waiting for his return?

No. I get caught up in so many things of this world and just get off track! I can't allow myself to focus on my job more than my relationship with Christ. That can't happen, but it does too often. We must set our minds on knowing Christ, not on the pursuits of this world. 

Be blessed guys, 

Blake

2 comments:

Tyler Durham said...

This is so difficult to do: to keep our minds fixed on the hope of heaven.

Lord, give us eyes to see the beauty of Christ and his kingdom that awaits us.

Tyler Parker said...

word