Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Desire to be Godly

"Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." 2 Timothy 3:12

Do we really think that we can embrace the values of this world and still desire to live a godly life? It can't happen, therefore, we will have many people around us who have embraced the world's values wholeheartedly that think we are nut-jobs because we don't embrace the same things. When that happens they will rag us, mock us, make fun of us, and sometimes be filled with hatred towards us. In some parts of the world they will kill you in cold blood.

Those of us in the E-Fellowship who are in the athletic arena be ready! You will be persecuted. You are a citizen of another kingdom, so you seem alien to those who are of this world. Stay strong, be watchful in prayer, as Paul says, and keep your eyes fixed on the King.

5 comments:

Jules said...

This might go down as the best day for bread ever. Nice spread here Du-rham. I have to admit, I wish you would just take a day and stop trying to top everyone on theirs, dang! Haha. No but seriously pick a day. let's go.

Anonymous said...

Durham is comin in hot. Well done sir.

Tanner said...

"From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in cold and nakedness - ..... Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distress, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - Paul

Anyone here got that kind of resume?

Tyler Parker said...

Lunchbox, nice hit.

this reminds me of UFC. I have been at many a UFC party and everytime after a fight you get the same anticipation of the post fight interview with Rogan, Terry's favorite commentator. As soon as a fighter would like to "thank God" or something similar the room blows up in controversy over the comment. People say "aahhh, why do they do that", "everytime, I'm sick of it". This is a small and mundane example, but it is just what I thought of when I read that scrip.

Tyler Durham said...

Parker-

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well.