Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recruiting

Have you ever been recruited for anything? Do you remember how it felt to have somebody want you? Do you remember how significant you felt and how it boosted your confidence, making you feel like you had something to offer the world that now was being recognized?

I woke up this morning and popped on a podcast from one of my favorite pastor's and he mentioned the idea that God sometimes woo's us into a state of wondering "what is that?, so we will press in to Him". He has done so many things just with creation alone that make the common human being question their belief about life and existence. God also shows up in many other ways and for believers I think it's often the Holy Spirit. Have you recently felt something in your soul that tickles you with a "wow, that worked out just perfect" or maybe it was this thought, "no way that just happened like that, that can't just be a coincidence". The point I'm making here is that God is a relentless recruiter for His kingdom, He wants you, matter of fact He wants us all very badly and He has paid a tremendous cost for us. How good does that feel? You got a full ride, the wheel barrel and all. The God of the universe wants you on His team! It's not just  any team, this is the dream team, this team is the team that WILL win the ultimate championship. I don't know about you but I'm in, tell me where to sign, tell me how to train so I can have an impact on this team. Maybe more importantly tell me how I can get to know the Coach, learn his game strategy so I can play my role to help the success of this squad. Are you in? I'm in!

Ben

No comments: