Thursday, May 17, 2012

BUBC

I would like to take this time to shamelessly promote something that a good friend of mine and I have been working on since this offseason. Wes Hodges and I attended the PAO (Professional Athletes Outreach) conference this offseason in December down in Orlando (For more info visit www.pao.org). The conference was unreal and needless to say some life change happened as a result of the conference. I won't go into detail as to what all happened because I don't want to steal Wes' thunder but it was significant. Wes and I had the opportunity at the end of the conference to ride back to Atlanta together because we were running a baseball clinic the next day. During that drive back we were trying our best to verbalize the intense feelings that we had just experienced. As we were bouncing ideas and thoughts off of each other a phrase come up that had been mentioned by Braden Looper who was in the small group that I was in. We went to these small groups after the messages to talk about what we had just heard and grow with other men. The phrase that Braden mentioned was "be uncomfortable being comfortable and be comfortable being uncomfortable." I knew immediately when Braden said that that was a phrase that was going to stay with me for a long time, but at that moment I did not know in what capacity. So now back to the car ride, Wes and I began talking about doing something to "keep the momentum going" (as Wes says). So somehow we stumbled on the idea of making a shirt and selling those shirts and then that money would go to charity. So the idea was born. I could go on and on about all the little things that happened during the potential launch of this shirt and the countless witnessing opportunities, but I won't right now. Needless to say its been a very interesting process and great to be a part of. So..... Heres the deal. We are selling the shirts and all the money (once we make some) goes to www.honoringthefather.com. This is the ministry that Braden is involved in. If you are interested you can reply to this post or email me and we will get you a shirt. FYI the shirts are made out of workout clothes material. Thanks for reading.

- Andrew Kown (Andrewkown@yahoo.com)

1 comment:

Wes said...

Is this the soft release?