Monday, June 22, 2009

Short side

Typing this post on my phone because I didn't want to pay $15 for Internet. Had a great week of fellowship with Adam and Tim Cash. Learned that I put a ton of pressure on myself to please God by doing things that aren't really pleasing him anyway! Forcing that late night bible read when I'm obtaining none of it, or serving someone else when my heart isn't in it. I'm seeking authentic worship and real service for God.

Quick story... I got called out today before the game by a veteren pitcher in front of a few guys you DON'T want to get noticed by! So after that humbling experience I was sitting in the bullpen thinking this is a time I can rejoice and medidtate on God's word. Submiting to authority and esteeming others better than yourself came into play today for me. Intially my pride wanted to give excuses and fight it, but I was wrong and needed to be corrected. Praise God! Little things like that are huge blessings I over look. Chances to put scripture in play are valuable for our witness to others. Thank you Lord!

Forgive my tardiness and length of the post.

3 comments:

waino said...

wow blake.

Jules said...

Nice, I used this post as motivation and inspiration for my post. I could talk about this for hours.

Tanner said...

Isn't $15 per day for internet about 10% of your per diem right now? Haha, glad to see you still budgeting like a simple man. Your first paragraph on authentic worship was crisp and something that I needed to hear. Thanks for the real as always.

-TEvans