Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cool Conversations

   What's up E-fellas?  Over the past couple of weeks i've had the chance to meet with some really influential men of God.  I want to tell yall about several things that those men had to share....
   Today myself and e-fellow soldier Blake "the knife" Hawksworth had a meeting with a close friend named Tim Cash.  Tim is the chaplain for the braves and head of a ministry called UPI...look it up, they do some cool things.  Anyway,you know the old saying "live for Him (obviously referencing God)?"  Well, he shared with us how we shouldn't live for Him we should live from Him.  At first I was like wait just a second...with kinda like a "could you explain that" reaction.  Not for Him...from Him.  Here's an analogy.  Fruit, he said, doesn't live for the tree...it lives from the tree.  I'll tell you what happens with me.  I get my spiritual checklist out and cross my to-do's off to make me feel better. My checklist stinks anyways... I thank God for the food and give Him a shout when he blesses me....y'all that's weak, bland, and not from Him.  What do you think God thinks about our checklist?  I bet He's like "that's all you got?" He wants us to rejoice in Him.  We're created in His image, how cool is that?  Y'all, just sit back and to quote "the knife" "stop being so anal about it."  We should keep the lines open when we're talking to God.  We should recognize our blessings and just be in awe of the One who saved us from the wretched beings we used to be.  Can you believe the amazing stuff God has done for us?  How great is our God?!  Can you believe we get to spend eternity with Him....I can and it is awesome!  As your reading this are you reflecting on just how amazing God is?  I'm blown away ...
   Another convo I had was a few weeks ago.  This man was a pastor in San Fran.  He was telling me about how he came to Christ.  He tried to read the Bible and knew a lot about it but it just wasn't clicking.  There was a family friend of his who was 90 years old.  I wish I could remember her name because it was like "mama something" and it made her sound like she was everyones Grandma.  He said she had an awesome presence of holiness when she walked into a room.  Anyway, she came to him one day and said tell "me what's wrong."  He told her about how he tried reading the Bible and going to church but wasn't sure he believed in everything.  And what she told him next blew me away at first...I was kinda mad actually.  She told him "The Bible aint nothin."  And he was like what are you talking about?  She said, "First you gotta get Jesus,  then you get the Bible."  Thats when I got the message.  So many times I want to tell someone to read this and read that, but actually, if that person hasn't been touched by The Holy Spirit then what does it matter.  Here's what i took away from that...nothing that happens to us in this lifetime matters without Jesus.  Period.
-waino

No comments: