Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can't Live by Bread Alone

Luke 4:4 " It is written. 'Men shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'"
Deuternomy 8:3 "...that men shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord."

How are we living, or are we living at all? I have fallen out of the habit of reading my bible in the mornings and I have been constantly been going out into the world each day with my flame/fire at a minimal level. Can anyone relate? I am going to get back into that habit and see what happens. I might just get blessed with some kingdom building opportunities who knows. I know that when I'm in the word consistantly I feel more alive and the Spirit burns inside of me more passionately than ever, I love that feeling. The sad reality is that I have been undisciplined and lazy which has given way to a new habit of not coming to God and feeding on His word in the mornings. Life is tough enough why would I choose to go it alone each day with out the Lord burning inside of me? Time to get back on track and I'm not going to wait for New Years!

I'm going to need some accountability who is going to help me?

3 comments:

Tanner said...

In response to your question, "How are we living?", I am taking a seat under the microscope for a minute. Over the past week, I have become pretty disgusted with my attitude/mentality at the ball park. Lately, this game has apparently crept its way back on to some kind of pedestal in my life and I do not like it up there. I liked my swag back in April when I was hitting .210 and yet displayed peace and comfort in my King that seemed unshakeable. All of a sudden I started putting up some numbers and now I have found myself wanting more and more out of this game and getting frustrated when I am not getting the results that I want. I am putting this out there so you guys can take turns stomping on this mindset with me until we crush it beneath us. I refuse to be some "Christian Front-runner". I desire for my walk to be consistent no matter what the circumstances are around me. It really begins to disgust me when I take a baseball game so seriously and I think you guys understand what I actually mean by that. Anyway, just wanted to throw myself out there for all to observe so that I can now begin the restoration process.

Anybody want to call me out and hold me accountable as well?

-TEvans

Nolan Gottlieb said...

I've got both of yall...

Jules said...

I can relate, it's so ugly to see this mind set creep back onto my mantle. The cool part is that I recognize it a lot quicker than I used to, do you feel the same? I praise God that He is helping us deal with this now while we are on a smaller stage. Let's rejoice in the fact that we are on the anvil being shaped as opposed to not even in His presence. I appreciate you throwing yourself out there.