Monday, February 15, 2010

Pre-Spring Pep Talk

What's up studs? Sorry this message gets to you a day late, and i'm sorry i've missed my last couple weeks of writing...no excuse, and you probably didn't miss me. Anyway, I was talking with a friend yesterday about writing on this internet/e-fellowship/ministry. We were discussing how sometimes we just don't have anything to say, and, truthfully, that is why I am a day late in sending this message. But, then I got to thinking. I believe that when I write on here it is not my words i'm spilling in the first place... it's God word. So I better be respectful and speak when I'm told to speak. On that note I thought I would take this time to speak to the people in this group who are still athletes, and probably on their way to spring training as we speak. I'll try to make this relevant for you who aren't though.
I want you to understand the power you can have as a Christian who practices what he preaches in a fallen world. There will be times when the devil will throw his best ammo at you to prove to non-believers that you are weak. The best ally that chump satan has is a Christian that doesn't walk the walk. A Christian that makes no stand when faced with temptation. Our teammates should not be surprised to hear that we are Christians after months of knowing us... it should be obvious. Fellas, we are heading into a season that will be filled with every kind of temptation. I, in no way, expect any of you or myself to pass every test on that this season. But, if we try to live a genuinely Godly lifestyle I believe we can have a lasting impact on a lot of people who need Jesus in their life. We should let our actions be reflections of what we believe. Once everyone in camp knows you're a believer the pressure is on.... or is it? Is Tim Tebow feeling the pressure because the entire world knows what he stands for? I don't know. I'd like to think that there is no pressure because the power of Jesus is always present. Jesus seems to dictate his life on and off the field. I don't personally know him but seems like a warrior for Christ to me. One of our good friends at home gets up every Sunday with her son and googles what scripture Tebow put on his eye black that week. They find the passage and then go over it together as a kind of Bible study. That, to me, is awesome and a platform un-waisted. Here's what I'm getting at. We might not all have that kind of publicity to broadcast our faith, but make no mistake...someone is watching. So here is a great piece of scripture all of us could use going into this spring as we plan to dominate in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Eph 6:10

Men, let's not be ashamed to live the life God has called us to live. Our teammates will respect that lifestyle, and you, if it really is genuine.

-waino

1 comment:

Tanner said...

Adam, due to my laziness, I just got around to reading this post and I got to say, Amen. May ever one we encounter taste the sweetness of our abundant fruit.

- Terry