Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blown Away By a Rainbow

Just a quick one tonight studs. On my way to church tonight my wife says" wow look at that big rainbow over there!" I look to my left and bam...the biggest rainbow i've ever seen. I'm talking as big and clear as i've ever seen the colors. I started thinking about a rainbow out loud and just being in awe that the color scheme is always the same and just little things like that. You can give me all that prism jive but I don't know about all that... all i know is that it was stinkin beautiful. Then I got a little deeper. Today in Chile, there was an earthquake that registered 8.8. Which is bigger than the one in Haiti! Many people will die, and there were small tsunamis all over the world as a result of the earthquake. So, why do I mention that? Because the rainbow is a sign from God, telling us that He will never flood our world again. In this particular case, looking back, I sorta feel like that rainbow was reminding me that God is always with us even though some pretty bad stuff happened today. And that no matter how bad we think a problem is we can get through it with our awesome God. I hope the people in Chile saw that rainbow, and could feel His presence. On top of that, the message at church was partly about how God will never leave us. In Hebrews 13:5-6 God tells us He will never leave or forsake us so that we can boldly say The Lord is my helper and I fear not what man shall do to me. Also, in one of the Old Testaments verses about Jesus, the psalmist writes (in psalm 139) that we are guided by God's hand and God's right hand will hold us fast. Fellas, Jesus is the right hand, so our GPS is on the right track. That's pretty refreshing because the way this world is falling it's gunna be pretty tough on our own. Thanks for little reminders God. Thanks for allowing me, a 28 year old grown man, to still be blown away by a rainbow, and not being afraid to admit it. Thanks for guiding me and keeping me steady...., God, thank you for you!

-waino

1 comment:

Tanner said...

Man, how beautiful this world becomes when we are able to see through the lens of God! Combining that magnificent rainbow with the tragedies going on right now around our planet is poetry best appreciated by those who can see the big picture. Praise God for revelation and Praise God for rainbows!

- Terry