Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thoughts?

2 Corinthians 10:5 "casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."

I'm tired, I'm busy and I just had a baby, I just don't have time for Jesus and I can't find time to read. I'll go to church but I can't stay for fellowship because the NFL is on.

These are thoughts that have been flying through my head recently and they are starting to stamp out my fire that once burned inside of me. Crazy to think that my fire can die out all while having a 1st kid, getting a new (good) job, feeling healthy, etc... It's crazy because by the worlds standards my life is rich. I have been struggling with trying to understand what has been happening. Then it occured to me tonight that this is a problem with my thoughts, I am allowing these thoughts to determine my feelings and ultimately what I do. It really isn't far different from the voices I used to fight when I was on the mound competing. I couldn't help but think that we all struggle with this to some degree. It really can be a pivotal issue to tackle, if we let it go and fall out of our righteous habits and pursuit of truth our light will begin to dim. It's a battle worth fighting. The battle is thought captivity, monitoring our thoughts can be a powerful thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate man, I talked with Tim Cash about this and he hit me with the same thing. Don't sweat it! God doesn't want us to be robots and go through the spiritual checklist everyday. He wants our hearts and our service. Good post, lets chat more about it.

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Sorry last post was incomplete

Jules, even as a pastor and Christian Academy Teacher I found these thoughts creeping in when life seemed so busy. We stop losing these big day to day revelations and then we drop into a rut and things begin to cloud our way. There are two things that get me through those times. First, did you ever notice how many years passed between one event in Abraham's life to the next in the Bible. At one time there is like a twelve year gap between chapters. Sometimes we must grind it out. The other thought is this, follow Psalm 1:2 and find something to meditate on instead of trying to do massive reading. Grab a couple of verses and revist it everyday, and jot down one new thought. This keeps you fresh without seeming over whelming. Hope it helps.