Monday, August 3, 2009

Service Time

"In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be the weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat as you should so your prayers will not be hindered." 1 Peter 3:7 NLT

Summary from bible of that text- If a man is not considerate and respectful of his wife, his prayers will not be heard, because a living relationship with God depends on right relationships with others.

Umm that just rips me open right there. You guys think God is listening to your prayers and requests after you've been lusting all day at the office? Evaluate your relationship with your wife and see if your treating her with the respect and love God requires? Cutting out the sarcasm? Being honest? Washing her feet and doing things for her when your not asked? How about making Sunday after church her day not yours to watch football!? Whooooo that's tuff right there!

I'm not married yet guys but I know that if I'm obedient first to God... then my marriage will thrive. That's just a fact. Let's step up our game men and love us some QT with our ladies. Serve em'!!!

PS. The kid is back and I'm taking names on here. Terry aka C.S. Lewis has been piggy backin the whole group. I gotta learn his copy and paste program ;)

2 comments:

Jules said...

Ephesians 5:33 "Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." Husbands need respect and wives need love. Now go to itunes audiobooks and purchase "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs. Enjoy, I'm currently on CD 2. Blake nice work,love ur heart right now. Good go without the jab at Terry but hey all in good fun right?

Tanner said...

Good word and good approach on your part. Yes, your marriage will thrive if you both first seek to serve Christ. It is a can't lose scenario when the husband and wife are on the same page in their service to Christ because it directly impacts the way they will treat each other as well. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what comes to mind here.

-TEvans

PS - No copy and paste on the book reports. That is exactly what they are... book reports. I have gotten in the habit of writing a paper on every book that I read as if I was being graded on it in some make believe class of mine. I find this has helped me retain so much of what I have read over the last year. Nerdy approach I know so go ahead and throw your jabs.

-Terry "I'm not a fighter, I'm a reader" Evans