Monday, August 24, 2009

Little Monday bread

Not much to say tonight but I defiantly feel God pulling me to write some thoughts down. Now just like all of you I have some great days spiritually and some not so great days. My great days are days that consist of...

Prayer- starting my day off with it and praising him through out the day
Study-reading God's word or listening to it
Fellowship -talking with fellow believers on and off the team
Serving- it can be the smallest thing to the biggest thing but doing so with a pure heart! genuine service.

Now my bad days or spiritually numb days shall I say...

Laziness- over sleeping, and procrastinating with my study habits
Media- TV, music, magazines, internet.
Money- enough said
Lust- looking around the stadium, fiance, and conversing about women with fellow teammates

I'm sure I could think of more on both sides of the list but here is my point and I'm heading right for God's word...

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."- Romans 7:25 KJV

My flesh is holding on and fighting for things of this world daily. So why am I feeding it? You will only get out of yourself what you put in.

I know that it's time for me to increase my spiritual intake and crank this thing up a notch. Somebody else feeling this way? Let's go! No more excuses.

3 comments:

Jules said...

That pumped me up, I needed something just like that. I love Romans and it is tabbed as my favorite book in the Bible but never have I seen that verse, God's word is so alive it's ridiculous, never can I get enough.

Tyler Parker said...

great point, I have been a spiritual zombie the last couple of months. Going through the motions during the week and then getting pumped up on Sunday and then right back in the middle of worldly thoughts as the week progressed. Saying I am going to post on here and then never getting around to it. Likewise with quiet times and etc.
Thanks for the check

waino said...

great post blake...you have a nice way of humbling yourself. real talk is always the best talk for me.