Monday, March 4, 2013

We're Back



E-Fellowshipers,

It's been a while since you've heard from any of us, but that's been the funny thing about this group for the last 6 years or so. Every now and then we take an unintended Sabbath from writing which normally does exactly what the Sabbath was meant to do and refreshes us. “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27 ESV). Thank you Father for the Sabbath. Teach me how to rest.

So since it's been a while, allow me to bring you guys (and gals) up to date with where God has guided e-Fellowship over the last few months. I retired from baseball in September and began life in full time ministry with Unlimited Potential, Inc. (UPI) in October. UPI seeks "to ReachTeach, and Train baseball players for the purpose of Sending them out into the world to share the good news of Jesus Christ." I have also been graciously blessed with the opportunity to be the chaplain for the Atlanta Braves. Needless to say, my plate is pretty full these days. 

That being said, I no longer felt that I could commit to managing e-Fellowship any longer so I talked to the other guys about what they wanted to do moving forward. To my excitement, they all decided to not let this thing die and have recommitted to writing again periodically with Ben Julianel and Blake Hawksworth now taking over the operations of e-Fellowship. I am currently operating and managing the UPI website and will be writing over there a good bit. However, I will continue playing a role in e-Fellowship as I will also write over here from time to time. 

I have greatly appreciated all the kind words about the e-Fellowship emails and the concerns expressed lately about the emails hopefully continuing. It excites me to be able to announce that e-Fellowship is back in the game and ready to get back into its regular routine of sharing our life with Jesus. I hope lives are touched and even transformed as e-Fellowship continues to be used by the Spirit for the work of the Kingdom. Nice talking to you guys again and we'll talk to you soon. 

No comments: