Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Waiting...

This is an excerpt from my sister's blog that she posted today. I may be bias but thought this was one of the most powerful things I've ever read. Some of you have asked so just wanted to let you know - they are currently registered at Target and Buy Buy Baby under Donna Feuerbach. Here's the post:

"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on the object we are waiting for." - Charles Stanley

I read this quote Sunday and it really hit home with me in regards to our journey for a child both biologically and now through adoption. I feel like we have played a waiting game for a long time now and it is such a difficult game to play. I have a constant feeling of anxiety just waiting for a positive phone call. Ever since I started the fertility treatments, I feel like I have been on a roller coaster ride of wishful thinking followed by disappointing phone calls. Then, as we moved down the adoption road I have had a lifted spirit filled with excitement. I devoted all of my time to getting the logistical stuff done as quickly as possible so that I could get this adoption process moving. I thought the wait would get easier once we got approval from both Georgia and Utah but I was wrong. I don't have anything to do with the adoption anymore other than wait. We created a baby registry at Target and Buy Buy Baby, we bought furniture, bedding, and accessories for the nursery which is slowly being created in order to help us grasp what is happening. It is different when you carry a child for nine months. You are able to develop an attachment during that time but obviously adoption is different. These small steps enable us to feel a sense of love for the child that we don't even know yet. However, with all of this excitement comes anxiety and eagerness to find a match and know exactly when our child will arrive. I just want our profile book to at least be shown to a birthmother so I know we have a chance of being matched but there is not anyone out there right now that is able to see our book. I would like to think that I am a rather laid back, patient person but this is definitely pushing me to my limits. I feel like I am glued to the computer and my phone just waiting for some sort of news. This quote reminded me that we are waiting for the most precious gift that God can give us. I must relax and rest assured that everything will occur in His timing and I just need to have faith. God has carried us through this emotional journey and I know He has incredible plans for us. "And thus, having patiently endured, he obtained the promise." - Hebrews 6:15

Please continue to pray for us. I ask that you pray for the birthmother of our child as she deals with her decisions. I also ask that you pray for us to find a match and to be more patient while we wait. It is so easy to lose faith and get discouraged so it is imperative that we lean even more on God and trust in His perfect plan for our lives.

Thanks for all of your support and for not only giving me the opportunity to share my feelings so freely but for actually reading the blog!:)

Love Always,

Donna

No comments: