Friday, October 5, 2012

Know nothing

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

"When I cam to you brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirits power, so that your faith may not rest on mens wisdom, but on Gods power."

What an awesome expression of what our mindset should look like when sharing the gospel. I know we have all been in that place before we speak where we are worried about what we will say or how it will come across, but these verses have really impacted the way I enter those situations. We are not called to talk people into salvation. Trust me I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy, but I also understand that the Word of God never returns void. We are called to share the gospel and express things that have happened in our lives. Its a check to myself to rely on the Spirits power more and mine a whole lot less.

"I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified"

Andrew

No comments: