Monday, September 17, 2012

Who is leading


"I don't want my life to be explainable without the Holy Spirit. I want people to look at my life and know that I couldn't be doing this by my own power. I want to live in such a way that I am desperate for Him to come through"-Francis Chan, "Forgotten God"

When I read this short paragraph, ironically enough, the spirit really stirred in my heart more depth. This is a topic that can get long winded, so I will try and keep it short depending on what the spirit wants to say.....(ha, winkie).   This season of life for me has been a season about growing and learning in the acknowledgement of the Holy Spirit. As a christian, it is so easy for us to "walk ahead of God"and we can get worn out, frustrated, confused, deflated,  etc trying to do the christian life in our own strength. We can also just not be submitting to the power of the Spirit in our lives.  I love how graceful God is that He still chooses to love and delight in His children despite how prone our hearts are to wonder and even when we think "I got this thing figured out"....Praise Jesus!!  God is about His glory, not ours. I believe that in our journey in life, God allows us to go thru things that will detach ourselves more from this world, and attach ourselves more to Him.  This leaves us at a place of humility and joy because He is powerful and trustworthy to carry the load.  "Humble yourself before the Lord, and He will lift you up (James 4:10). "Come to ME all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. "- Jesus ( Matt 11:28)  When our perspective changes and we begin to realize  this world is broken and man is limited, the thirst for the Holy spirit is water for the soul. I want to encourage you my brothers and sisters to keep pressing into the heart of this mysterious, but mighty Triune God. We don't have to nail it  or wait to make ourselves feel worthy enough before his presence. "God demonstrates His love for us, that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)   So run to the Lord with all your joy, pain, confusion, un answered questions, sin, etc. and let the spirit lead. God never gets tired of us pressing in, but our joy and His glory is at stake.  Stay in the vine, and be reminded that we are just pieces of clay as He produces the fruit in our lives by the TRANSFORMING power of the Holy Spirit.

Francis goes on to say, " I don't believe God wants me (or any of His children) to live in a way that makes sense from the world's perspective, a way I know I can "manage". I believe He is calling me- and all of us- to depend on Him for living in a way that cannot be mimicked or forged. He wants us to walk in step with His Spirit rather than depend solely on raw talent and knowledge He's given us"

I love that last reminder that everything is All His to begin with, we are just stewards.  Praise Him for this kind of  grace!
Blessings,
Brett Carroll

No comments: