Thursday, September 13, 2012

Community

So me and my wife and a few couples are in the beginning stages of starting a couples study. The more I read in the Bible the more examples I see of how we are meant to live in community. I was speaking with my cousin in reference to their study and his response to the idea was great for me and my wife as we have become new parents. He said that as we get older and we become busier and busier with children and work and sports teams that our community is essentially created for us. The people we work with and who our  kids play with and our neighbors becomes our community. Now there is nothing wrong with this but we also need to be intentional about our community of believers. We  need to set aside time to fellowship and eat and share life together. We have to be intentional about our "inner circle". I'm sure many of you already have an inner circle of people who you run big decisions of life by and people who keep you accountable. For me this is a relatively new idea and I love it. We need to have people in our everyday life that challenge us to be better men as we are called.

No comments: