Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm gunna let it shine....

What's up fellas? My bad missin my day the last few times, but I'll crank it up from now on. So, today I had a meeting with a friend of mine from growing up. Actually he was a coach and one of my mentors since I can remember being alive. The reason for the meeting was he had some questions about my Christian walk. He approached me and wanted to know all about what I have learned, and what changed in me over the last ten years. A great conversation struck up from that and he agreed to rededicate his life to our Living God. I was excited but it also got me thinking. Two things instantly shot into my head. 1.... Ten years ago I was clearly not portraying Christ in my every day life...and...2. He could see a difference in me now. The reason I'm bringing this up is that we all have pasts, and we can't get past that. But, what are we doing right now that can reflect God's greatness. Let me rephrase that.... what are we letting God do in us that reflect His glory. Our God's light shines so bright that if we truly have Him in our heart His rays will come shooting out of us in all directions. My challenge is for us to live our lives shamelessly in pursuit of our one true God so that everyone we know now and will know in the future will know exactly why we live the way we do. AND.... Who we live it for. God Bless y'all.... we can be fishers of men....

adam

2 comments:

Phil said...

Can I ask how you swung the topic of conversation around to the Gospel? I've been in similar situations with old friends, that sort of thing..... and I never can seem to find the words to share, especially if it is someone I haven't seen in a while. It's easy to tell a stranger your testimony or whatever, but alot more difficult to do to a former coach or teacher. Thanks.

waino said...

Actually, as I found out, the reason the coach asked me to lunch was to get into that conversation. God was tapping him on the shoulder I think