Monday, January 17, 2011

ARE YOU THIRSTY?

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God, My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." - Psalm 42:1-2

Do you pant for God? Are you desperately seeking the living God? Every year in the African serengeti over two million animals migrate hundreds of miles in a desperate pursuit for flowing water. Hundreds of thousands of them don't even survive the journey because dehydration and exhaustion. Can you imagine how awesome it must feel for the ones who do make it? You walk through that last dry, dusty field and over that last hill of rocks and at last you've made it! There it is, finally, fresh water flowing in abundance ready and willing to quench that desperate thirst! I imagine these animals are ecstatic and want to look at that water and shout out as loud as they can, "I'm so glad to finally see you!"

Well, this should be the way in which we thirst for God. So again my question: Is your soul panting out of a desperate thirst for God? What will you say when you finally meet your Maker? Do you see yourself shouting out praise in overwhelming gratitude and dancing on your way to the KIng or is that picture just seem silly and awkward to you? Think about it and be honest with yourself. Oh, how incredibly boring my worship can be from time to time. Oh, how easily I take the grace of God for granted. I want to be at a place in my relationship with Christ where I'm more excited to worship Him than to watch the Super Bowl. I want to cheer louder for Jesus than for touchdowns. It may be easy to laugh at that comment, but I'm serious. It's embarrassing how nonchalant I can be when worshipping my Savior. No more getting a quick drink at puddles here and there. It's time to desperately seek out the Living Water.

Praise the name of Jesus Christ our Savior,

- Terry

2 comments:

waino said...

Good post t....I'm a little thirsty now!

Phil said...

Very challenging post. Puts things in perspective. Glad I came across this blog site.

Lord shake our foundation, rattle our cage, do whatever it takes to enstill within us a passion and a hunger for righteousness. Just like one of the two million animals, desperately migrating for survival, let us likewise seek Your face.