Monday, January 10, 2011

Gossip

I had no clue what to write today but as I started glancing through some notes I saw "talking about others..." Just writing that out makes me feel shamed and guilty. Spring training is one month away and have I really addressed this sin in my life? BP, clubhouse, weight room, plane rides, dinner, and the bullpen gives me ample time to talk about someone or jump in on a convo about a guy that bugs me. Why do I do that? Looking at it now it's probably for two reasons: To try to be funny and blend in, and because I'm either jealous or insecure of that guy.

Adam, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You have watched me do it one someone we both know for two years in STL. The craziest thing is that I do like that guy, but I guess I'm just jealous of him. That's just pure "haterade" at it's finest and it's embarrassing! I had the audacity to clown on him behind his back then go talk to him like it was nothing. Makes me sick bro, really does. That's not what a man of God does. No way!!! Praise be to God that he revealed something to me this morning... This was not planned. 

Plan of action today and moving forward...

1.You hear gossip in a group, bite your tongue and try to get off that topic.

2.Remember God's word applies to EVERYTHING. Loving your neighbor, gossip, slow to speak, murder (anger). SO READ IT, STUDY IT, LIVE IT. 

Pray for your boy. 

Blake 

1 comment:

Nolan Gottlieb said...

Good word Blake...That goes in perfect harmony with James 3:1-12. Tame that tongue!!!