Sunday, April 12, 2009

Critical Coversations

Fellas-
Waino's email a couple of weeks ago about "How many people have you saved" and Terry's email tonight about sharing the Good Word with the people around you have me thinking about a church service I was at that recently taught on this subject. Here are just a few other things to sprinkle on top of what Waino and Terry had to say:

"2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer to everyone." Colossians 4:2-6 (NIV)

Pray First: Before talking to that person about God, Talk to God about that person. No matter how well we speak, how much knowledge we may have about Christianity and a relationship with the Lord, we always need to lift up that opportunity and person to God. We can only do so much, but with the Lord in control, we can accomplish so much more.

"17Pray continually; 18Give thanks in all circumstances." 1Thessalonians 5:17-18 (NIV)

"And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God's mysterious plan that the Good news is for Jews and Gentiles alike. Ephesians 6:19 (NLT)

Partner with God: "As God's partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God's kindness and then ignore it." 2 Corinthians 6:1 (NLT)

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us......" 2 Corinthians 5:20 (NIV)

Seize the Moment: "Worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." 1 Peter 3:15 (NLT)

"7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 8So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord ...." 2 Timothy 1:7-8 (NIV)


That's all I have men, Happy Easter!

Pags

1 comment:

Tyler Parker said...

Pags,

that was straight Jimmy JJ Walker...(dyNOMITE). From now on, Jules, I need you to say that was straight "JJ" when referring to heat. Back to Pags, great to hear from you on here. I like how you jump in and out like a great cameo appearance. You always leave me wanting more. Great sales trick by writing in red to draw my attention. Thanks for the scrips. I got my highlighter poised and ready to get those jotted down.