Thursday, June 21, 2012

Splendor

Dawn and Knox and I had the opportunity during the off-day to drive up and spend the day at Yosemite. Some of you know I love outdoors. While I was there, I wanted to take a picture of everything I saw. I literally felt like a kid again. This was one of the best days of my life. I got to experience Yosemite with my 4 week old son and celebrate 7 years of being with Dawn. As soon as we drove into the gates of Yosemite, I felt myself beginning to "get deep". Everything I saw I felt like I could tell a whole story about how God and this random thing on the ground relate back to me, haha. Anyways the thing I noticed as I went on is that it seemed pretty easy to be able to tell the people who had been there a few days and the people who had just showed up. I couldn't take two steps without wanting to take a picture or just stare at the marvelous sites. The people who had been there a few days were just going about their business (not that there is anything wrong with this) and moving right along. I wanted to stop some of them and say "wait did you see this amazing view right here", and I'm sure they would have said yes. My realization only came to me later as we were driving home. God deserves to be marveled at in the same way I stopped and stared at the beauty of Yosemite. I never want to get to a place where I stop being amazed by God! He wants to wow us, he wants to knock our socks off. I feel like these last couple of weeks I have been just going about my business with my head down while the beauty of life is unfolding all around. I have been so caught up in trying to get back on the field that I haven't been open to growing in any way. This verse spoke to me in a different way today.

"Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness." (Psalm 29:2 NIV)

 Thoughts?

- Andrew Kown

2 comments:

Jules said...

I have to give it to you, the Lord has been using you to speak truth over these posts for a while now. You've been a great encouragement to me this year and I feel blessed to be in community with you albeit through a blog post. Keep living it, I can tell God has got you relentlessly chasing Him. Oh how much of a blessing it is to have the Spirit push us to want more. God bless your family.

Andrew said...

Amen,
So true about the spirit pushing us to want more.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Blessings to you.