Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Steps in Gratitude

My body is worn and my eyes remain heavy from eight months of nightly interrupted sleep. Our youngest boy still wakes a couple of times during the night despite desperate prayers for his sleeping. Why no answer? Is this not a simple request? However, last night amidst the midnight wake up call I found myself praising God that we've been blessed with this restless sleeper. There's great joy to be found in the presence of a crying child for that very reason - he is present. Life is so much clearer now with these new lenses - ALL is grace.

I recently listened to a sermon in which the pastor declares that "anything God uses to bring us to His feet - that thing is good". Amen! This particular message showed me what it truly looks like to believe the promise of God that ALL things are worked for the good of those who love the Lord. Oh the peace that is found in that promise! If we'd only believe those words to be true.

Just wanted to share my baby steps toward a heart of gratitude. Be blessed, there's grace all around!

- Terry

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Amen!! Cute picture!! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Terry! We are just home from Vic's heart bypass surgery. You are right: each new day & night is a new blessing. Just being able to eat a meal, take a shower, carry on a conversation gives you reason to rejoice in His grace & gifts!
Blessings
Susan

TEvans said...

Amen Susan. Praise God for the little graces in life. Anyway specific way that I can pray for you guys?

- Terry