Friday, January 29, 2010

Confessions...no usher

Fellas, if you don't mind I would like to use this post to pray for this group and for myself, feel free to add anything to it you feel.

Heavenly Father, at first I am at a loss of words to say. For, at the moment your spirit has overwhelmed me and I would just like to bask in it. But Lord, I pray that you forgive us for where we, for where I, have continually failed to bring glory to your name. I am becoming more aware each week it seems where I am sinning, where I am stumbling, and where I am falling on my face. But Lord, I am embracing this feeling of brokenness, knowing that as you are breaking me down I am somehow learning how to love you the way you intend. Just..thank you Lord. I pray for your mercy, that you bestow in our lives and the cleansing that has taken place in us, according to your Word. I, and we, are more than thankful for your endless and unconditional love. It's magnitude is so perplexing to me at times, and I wonder how I could ever reflect even a small percentage of that to You and towards others in this group and in life. Lord, I pray that you continue to give us the strength to battle this world each and every day. Because if it were up to me or any of us, I would for sure get whooped day in and day out. Jesus, I just desire you, I desire your presence, I desire your guidance, I desire your compassion. I pray for this group Lord, that you would just light a fire within us, so that as the group grows in number, we grow as followers of Christ. Continue to convict us of what is really on our hearts and minds, and allow us the words to explain what you are doing in our lives and in the lives of others. Give us that courage to be honest with each other even if it stings a little at first. I'd rather get stung a little here than K.O.'d by the world. Lord, I just thank you so much for all of these e-fellas. I thank you for Brett Carroll introducing me to the group. I consider this idea and concept from the cards boyz to be such a blessing. I pray that as each week passes, that we continue to learn, that You would remind us daily to check the website, take a break from the world, and just try to soak in whatever truth is being laid out that day. I pray that we all realize what an amazing blessing this blog is, and that we utilize the opportunity for our growth and Your glory. Thank you Lord for hearing me today, for answering these prayers in heaven. And I pray that as you bring to earth these answers, that you would help us to apply them to our lives. I ask and pray all these things in Jesus name, Amen.


trying to die to myself,
-tmart

2 comments:

Tanner said...

AMEN brother!!!! PRAISE OUR FATHER for this extraordinary gift of fellowship. I take it for granted.

waino said...

tmart, with prayers like that you seem like you already died to yourself. heat is what that was...thanks for the shout out for us.